legends league | food for thought




When I consider the times in my life where I was surrounded by motivating and forward-thinking individuals, I remember my personal drive and passion for success being much higher. Not only that, the efficiency with which I worked towards my goals was much greater. But as times and tides changed, I noticed that it was becoming increasingly difficult to maintain those passions and levels of working efficiency on my own, without the presence of young, passionate, successful individuals around me and working by me.

Watching this video, I’m forced to consider who I’m with the most. Who is the company that I keep? And what are they doing with themselves? Do they motivate me to do more? Does their success or passion fuel my personal aspirations as a young professional? Or do they weigh my feet down?

If you’re someone who has come from little or a life of much struggle and are still on your feet, that is success in itself, right? But what if just being on my feet and getting by, and having food on my plate, clothes on my back, and a couple of shiny things now and then isn’t all that I need out of this life? Is it necessary for me to reacquaint myself with the people who once motivated my every move? Possibly. Or maybe it’s about time those around me, or around you, start pulling their weight a little bit too.

How do you feel about this video? About this idea of your personal successes being relative to the successes of those whom you find yourself spending much of your time with? I agree with it a lot.

Maybe it’s time for another trip down to California. Or possibly just a walk downtown.



- Bryan 'be.' Espiritu


( Read full article here )